June Card Challenge – Continued

I thought I had better finish posting the June challenge cards before I get the August challenge cards in my hand. Geesh, I can get behind in a hurry!

Jess’ card makes great use of some beautiful vellum we had stashed. She cut the shapes with Nestibility dies and layered them onto the base. In hindsight and with a bit more time, we should have added another element in the bottom right corner. Jess is a teenager and pulled this card together the night before the cards were due. Sigh, like most of her homework….

This is the first visualization I had for this challenge. The minute I saw the sketch I thought of a tri-fold hold. In my mind I thought it would work but then I started second guessing the design and made the second card shown. I used a Nestibility die to cut the hearts, MS butterfly punch, a Fiskars heart punch and some dollar store bling. The bling by the way was gorgeous in the package but was somewhat challenging to apply neatly to the card.

The second card is a gate fold card that uses a bunch of different papers to make up the layered hearts. This card seemed to demand a tone on tone colour palette and I am sure you will notice the slightly squished bling and the nip out of the corner of the heart. Yes, I messed it up a bit but it serve as a reference for me. The other girls got nearly perfect cards.

Barb has used her Cricuit to full advantage for this card. Every time I see her cards I think about making the leap to ownership a little more. She added some bling and used some of her paper stash to complete this card. A beautiful card.

Barb made this bonus card, using her Sesame Street Cricuit cartridge. Who doesn’t love the Cookie Monster. A really cute card that completes the elements of the sketch.

Cassie’s card replicated the challenge sketch almost perfectly. She stamped a Rosewood heart with Brilliance (for shimmer). The Nestibility hearts were given a good work out for this challenge. Since Cassie chose to position the hearts near the bottom of the card, the addition of ribbon was necessary. We don’t own that much ribbon so Cassie took a white polka dotted ribbon and coloured it with a Bic Mark It, instantly co-ordinating ribbon.

Jacqui’s card was absolutley stunning. She used a beautiful Magenta stamp for her central image., which she had purchased the previous month after play day. Then she used her Cricuit to cut a little blue bird, the branch and the word “love”. (I love that script!). A perfect card stock for the base, some ribbon and she layered the images to create this wonderful card.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s