Butterflies In Resist

Today I have the last of the cards Lauralee did for Kitchener. These cards use a resist technique that can be adapted a number of different ways but still get the same gorgeous look.

Here are the cards:

And here are Lauralee’s instructions in her words but cleaned up a bit:

Use up any ugly scrap designer paper (you don’t see much of it as the design shows up very faintly so it’s a great chance to use that butt-ugly stuff you have tucked away – come ‘on, I know you have some too!!!) (Using a magazine page works great for this too)

Stamp Rosewood Music Background on the butt ugly designer paper(BUDP) with black ink – clear emboss.

Using Versmark ink, stamp the butterflies randomly on top of the music note and clear emboss (Inkadinkadoo stamp – Donna gave it to me and I gave it back to her since she couldn’t find it again to reorder. I found it in clear rubber with a bunch of other butterfly images and cut mine up so I had six single butterflies instead of one long stream of them all attached. I’m such a rebel!)

I took Distress Ink – Broken China and rubbed it all over the top, paying special attention to the sides so the edges were darker. The green was shabby shutters but was too light and you can’t make out the outline of the butterflies.

Take a Kleenex and rub off the butterflies as they will have Broken China ink on them. They will buff up nicely.

I used black bazzill paper as the background layer.

I used a smaller piece of BUDP and a Nestabilities for greeting – edged the sides with ink and then stamped the sentiment on it (I think it’s from Stampin Up). Then the tricky part – I laid the whole small label in the versamark pad and covered the whole label with versamark ink. Then I clear embossed the whole thing – it makes it really shiny and stiff. Backed it with another bazzill piece that I ran through the bigger Nestability die.

I stamped a small scrap of white paper with the music note stamp and clear embossed it. Then I used the Martha Stewart butterfly punch (LOVE LOVE IT!). Inked little butterfly with the Distress ink and put two little rhinestones on it

Distressed the edges of the music note panel and card stock base with the Distress Tool.

DONE! Phew!! That was too much work.

Thank you again to Lauralee for helping Tom & Rose-Marie at the Kitchener show and for allowing me to post all of her beautiful cards. Check out Lauralee’s blog here. She always got something entertaining to share.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s